Denstone® deltaP® Support Media
Denstone® deltaP® support media was designed by Saint-Gobain NorPro to add value to your fixed bed catalyst application. Because of its unique shape, only two layers of Denstone® deltaP® media are required to retain even the smallest catalyst sizes. When used to replace spherical bed support in your reactor, Denstone® deltaP® media eliminates the need for layers of costly 3mm and 6mm spheres. Its engineered shape also simplifies layering configurations, reduces unit pressure drop and can increase the available space inside your reactor. When used for more catalyst capacity, that additional space can mean increased throughput, longer service life and greater profits.
Laboratory reactor simulations confirm that the P1 size of Denstone® deltaP® media, with a typical diameter of 11.5mm, effectively retains a bed of 1/20 in. catalyst with no migration into the support layer. Only one additional layer of support, Denstone® deltaP® P2 media, is needed as a bottom layer to fill the remainder of the bed. For vessels where smaller diameter filling and dump ports limit the bed support to a maximum of ¾” media, the P1.4 size of Denstone® deltaP® support is used as a bottom layer to fill the bed. Without the need for intermediate layers, the volume of support media may be reduced and valuable space in your reactor made available for increased catalyst capacity.
Performance Advantages of Denstone® deltaP® Media
- Reduced support media volume may free up valuable space in the reactor for more catalyst
- Greater catalyst capacity can improve reactor performance
- Layers of costly small spheres may be eliminated, resulting in a lower fill cost
- The unique shape and reduction of layers can decrease pressure drop by 50% across the support media
- Fewer support media layers mean a faster, less complicated loading
See our latest articles published on Denstone® bed support media.